Thursday, June 9, 2011

As of lately!!

Yay finally have some pics to post of my "as of lately" down under moments!! Ive spent lots of time around the perth city and I have to say when I leave good old oz I will be a bit homesick for the beauty of life down here!!


I went to the city with a mate the other day and started to explain how weird its going to be going home to my "small" town of stg utah!! And he found it amussing that I think perth city is big...living here makes me feel a bit too country!!

Good ol` nathan! We went on a ferry across swan river to the other side of perth!! Earlier this day we found ourselves in a lot of "coincidental" moments!! We went to chill at the temple before and had bussed and trained it there and as we were waiting for a bus to come to head to the city we saw a beautiful petite lady strolling our way to wait for the same bus!!! As she rolled up we gave her the usual "hello hows your day" greeting" as we got talking shed asked where I was from and I told her I am from utah!! Her eyes lightened up as she asked "are you the mormons?" Of course we are ay:) she told us about how when she was a young girl there was a man who was really kind to her and he was LDS!! She had been wanting to learn more of our church and see our temple but, hadnt found the time to!! Good ol fabian is now learning more about the church and the fact that ....Noo...we dont believe in polygamy lol. THEN we hopped on the train and happened to be sitting next to 2 brothers who were LDS and a lady and her grandaughter in front of us as well:) See...in utah thatd be the "usual" but, in australia...thats highly unlikely to happen!! All I know is, that day was a testimony of the mysterious ways of the lord :)



This city is so pretty!!!


Me n nath chillen at the foreshore!!

<3 living by the beach!!

If your wondering why I have so many pictures with this guy its because he paid me to be his friend.
No jk lol :)
Nath just got home from his mish in NZ and is prob the most annoyingly mean funny person ive met haha!
We went to the zoo the other day and spent 3 hours watching lazy animals...be lazy? haha
Feeding the poor things minties (nathans doing)
Dancing for wombats?
Shuffling the whole way through.
PBJ picnic!!
Watching monkeys wee...
And getting stuck listening to a lonely old mans stories.
hahaha gotta <3 it.

Nathan decided hed start dancing for the bird and it freaked out and jumped back. Apparently it was "dancing" with him...lol

Elephants :)


Kangaroos! Apparently their pests here in oz!!


Always reminds me of "toys r us"




This little man surely posed for the camera as he took a wee.. haha

Rangas :) There was a baby who was so cute hiding underneath a piece of tarp and hanging on its moms leg!!

He got excited to see his ranga family :)



The WOMBAT DANCE!!
I guess this is how australians dance....or this one at least lol

All i know is the one who really belonged in the cages at the zoo is this guy as those poor animals had to sit there and watch these moves bahaha!! :) never seen such a dumbfounded stare from animals so much in my life!!
So pretty much this has been my time as of lately down under :)
Time here so far has been nearly 5 months, yet feels like ive only been here 5 weeks!!
Embracing it all & enjoying the journey:)

No comments:

Post a Comment