Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thats soo Maori...

Ok..SO Ive found myself among a crowd of maoris..and yes I am in australia. Lately, Ive been told "oi, C your learning the maori ways"...or ... "oi, thats so maori".."Oi, your learning the ways" So, hey why not blog my new maori ways!!



                                          So, I remember this to the day..where When I first
                                          had an eating with the maori family I am living with...
                                          We had gotten fish&chips and they had bread out on
                                           the table. which apparently is a normal thing...to have
                                          bread out for every meal!! Well...they picked up a piece
                                          of bread and put chips aka fries in it with "sauce" aka
                                          ketchup. It didnt end there..they put sausages, fish,
                                          chicken..anything that goes in a piece of bread and
                                          they eat it!! Little did I know...these people arent only
                                          crazy..but genius!! I have now converted to the bread
                                          with anything diet!! (no wonder I gained weight)
                                            The 24 hour rule!!! According to one of my maori
                                            friends theirs a rule when you drop your food to where
                                            you could eat it within 24 hours still. "soo maori" as
                                            he would say...but, then again he wants to live in a
                                            bush so who knows if thats a maori thing or his thing!
                                             One night at "tute" ..I was standing their minding my
                                             own in my typical wear with my tennis shoes with no
                                             laces, and big sweats! A friend looks at me and goes..
                                             "oi, thats so horey??" You know to this day I dont under
                                              stand what that means but, of course in the end he says..
                                              "thats so maori" hahaha!! I think I have found my kind!!

 
So..I go to this rugby game one day and just was pretty
fascinated that everyone just walks around with these cups
of chips and sauce!! Apparently thats normal, but not for me
the american haha All i know is ive never eaten so many chips
in my life!! And no its not just a maori thing but an oz thing as well!
                                    
Not only do they have diff ways of doing things but, also they have THE most cool slang!! America is just plain boring when it comes to their slang!! One day me and a friend were talking and I asked her..."why do you call jehova witnesses jdubs?" and she goes...oh because you know when you type on the internet dub dub dub. facebook.com!! And I go...??? huh? ....She goes..you know dubdubdub.com?? ...Me..You mean http://www.com/!! haha not only was that the funniest thing ive ever heard but the most retarded "sorry maori peoples" But, also they say things like.....

  • Churrr Bro...(still trying to understand the meaning of  that)
  • Oi...
  • Hard
  • True
  • Choice
  • Mean As!!
  • Hiding (beating)
  • Shattered
  • Yeahhh naahhh
  • Suss!!
  • Crack up
  • Far out
  • Hardcase
  • Sweet as bro!!
So on and so on...So much more to blog about these maoris and their "ways"!! All I know is I cant get enough of it haha so much to learn!! And one thing I learned while being here is that.... "Hell, and Damn" are not bad words!! Unfortunately the utahn ways are stuck with me and I still am in shock when I hear the word haha!! First day in church..as someones standing at the pulpit..or next to me while taking sacrament..or in my ysa class...HELLL DAMNN hahaha classic!

                                                        "SOOOO MAORI"

No comments:

Post a Comment